Sunday, December 4, 2011

Reflections On Myself. Yeah, Like Mulan. But the Christina Aguilera Version

There have been many firsts in the past month.
So many of which regarding church and progress with my spirituality; I just feel so compelled to share with you guys.
Today, I fasted for the full amount for the first time EVER. Gold star, please.
What is so amazing is that I do not feel hungry or sick, and I didn't even pass the heck out like I was so worried that I would. This experience is proof to me that Heavenly Father lives and that He will help you overcome anything when you pray and strive to be a better person.

I was also able to be a visiting teacher for the first time last month. It's such a great feeling to know that you are the person someone can come to when they're struggling or even when they want someone to share happiness with. I am thankful for the kind, sweet girls I visit teach.

Since I didn't share my testimony in church today, or with anyone ever before for that matter, I feel now's a good time, eh? It's like I'm telling you a secret. (Remember those commercials for those electronic diaries where you have to push a button and say a password, like "Boys drool." and your little brother would try to break into it, but he'd rather use force than say a password? Boys are kinda dumb.)

So, let's be serious, guys. For like, two seconds.

YOU, JESSIE WITH THE FACE! Serious time!

Okay.

Ready?

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the raddest and truest church on this earth. I have witnessed many of the blessings you will receive when you keep the Gospel in your life and I know I wouldn't have been able to experience these things if I had continued being inactive. I know that I will see my wonderful grandma, and all my family, again someday and that our death on earth is only just the beginning of our eternal life. I love the power of repentance and it's necessity to the church. I'm grateful for all the friends I've met who have shared their testimonies with me and have answered all my questions; they never made me feel silly or not good enough; they were the little missionaries who gave me strength to go back to church. I know that the atonement is REAL and that amazing things WILL happen when you hold fast to the path Heavenly Father has prepared for you. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Now, for the last first of this post:
I went on a date with a BYU boy.
Who is very opinionated.
And likes lizards.
Seriously, his family has a reptile business. Which is cool for him and all. But It irks me.
My good friends Cec and Daryl were kind enough to set me up on a date with this guy who I met at our bulgogi party a while ago (in a previous post). I thought he was a hunk.
Is it weird that he was wearing the exact same outfit that I first saw him in? Maybe a lot of boys do that? I wouldn't know since I go on a date once every other blue moon.
We went to Subway for dinner and then saw the movie "In Time," which had it's funny moments.
There was a scene where Amanda Seyfriend and her sassy bob was telling her lover, Justin Timberlake, that their time was almost up:
"What do we do now?"
One of the guys sitting in front of us whispered, "Let's make-out."
And Lo and behold, the actors made out.
So funny.
Is it sad that that was the best part of my night?

No comments:

Post a Comment