Sunday, May 6, 2012

Luck and Inspiration

The last few days have been filled with a lot of stress as I wait for my final grades.
It's like every time I check to see if they're posted, a chunk of hair falls out.
So what if my grades aren't as good as I hoped...I could just go to....nail school.

No one wants their nails done by someone who is stress-balding and can't even speak Vietnamese.

What was I thinking.

You see, this semester's grades determine whether I get to keep my full ride scholarship or not. There's been so much pressure to perform well in classes. Speaking to students throughout the year about how easy they have it, to be able to have parents who pay for anything and everything, and those students who are struggling and have a bunch of loans out already, has made me thankful for where I stand in all this. To understand how hard work results in hard earned success is something I am thankful for.

And with all this, I realize there is no such thing as luck, at least the way we use it.

"Luck is preparation meeting the moment of opportunity. Every single thing that has happened in your life is preparing you for the moment that is to come." - Oprah Winfrey.

She's like legendary or something.

After times of stress and trials, I normally feel compelled to reinvent myself.
A new project gives me the push I need to move forward with a fresh mind.
And why not have a reason to celebrate getting through school?
So since I plan on living at home for a while, I want to reinvent my bedroom.
Just some fun ideas...



                                                         Vintage wrought iron headboard

                   
                                                                            Cushions


Mint and gold....love



                                                                 Another color scheme


No comments:

Post a Comment